In the interests of being transparent about our pricing structures, we have set out below the basis of our fee structure for dealing with various matters. In addition to our Legal Fees (what you pay to us to do the job for you) you will also very often incur expenses that we pay on your behalf (also known as disbursements). If you would like to discuss any of the below, please call one of our team and we will calculate a full quotation for you.
From time to time, additional fees may be incurred during a transaction, but we will notify you of any additional fees and this is very rare. An example might be where for example you are selling a property, and there is a defect in the title and we have to resolve this issue with an indemnity policy or a statutory declaration. However, we will discuss with you the additional fees before we incur the same.
All Legal Fees below are plus VAT and plus Disbursements.
- To sell a house, our Legal Fees start at £525.00 (plus VAT)
- To sell a flat, our Legal Fees start at £675.00 (plus VAT)
- To buy a house, our Legal Fees start at £450.00 (plus VAT)
- To buy a new build property, our Legal Fees start at £450.00 (plus VAT)
- To buy a flat, our Legal Fees start at £450.00 (plus VAT)
- To re-mortgage an existing property, our Legal Fees start at £225.00 (plus VAT)
Additional Legal Fees (if and as required):
- Obtaining Indemnity Policies – £75.00 (plus VAT)
- Drafting Statutory Declarations – £75.00 (plus VAT)
- Dealing with Second Charges/Mortgages – £100.00 (plus VAT)
- Dealing with a Buy to Let Mortgage (on purchases) – £50.00 (plus VAT)
- Help to Buy ISA – £50.00 (plus VAT)
- Help to Buy Mortgages – £50.00 (plus VAT)
- Shared Equity – £50.00 (plus VAT)
- Dealing with Separated Parties – £50.00 (plus VAT)
- Office Copies – £3.00 each (no VAT)
- TT Fees – £15.00 each (no VAT)
- Land Registry Fees – dependant on your purchase price, but varying from £20.00 (up to £80,000) to £270.00 (up to £1 million)
- Searches – Coal and Local Search – approx £181.60 (no VAT)
- Stamp Duty Land Tax – dependent upon your circumstances and purchase price, we can advise you about this at the start of your transaction.
Please note that Disbursements are not within our control and may change during your transaction, but we will discuss this with you if applicable.
If your Conveyancing matter does not complete for any reason we will only charge you for the work that we have done.
Once we have met with you and taken instructions, we will be able to give you a firmer idea of prices, and there is no obligation from this initial meeting. As you will appreciate, estates vary in size and complexity.
A small estate can be as complicated as a large estate (for example if the money is held in shares and pensions), and a large estate can be much simpler than a small estate (for example if all of the money is in one bank). Therefore, we only charge for the work that we do.
For an estate under £325,000.00:
We would estimate our Legal Fees to be from £1,500.00 (plus VAT)
For an estate over £325,000.00:
We would estimate our Legal Fees to be from £2,500.00 (plus VAT)
Grant of probate only:
We can do a ‘Grant Only’ service where you provide the figures that we need and we have no other involvement other than the Legal Documents and Inheritance Tax Accounts – our Legal Fees for this start at £225.00 (plus VAT) and the Probate Registry court fee which is currently £155.
- Single Wills from £60.00 (plus VAT)
- Couple Wills that mirror each other’s wishes from £100.00 (plus VAT)
- Same Day Will Service from £150.00 (plus VAT)/£200.00 (plus VAT) for a Couple
- Home Visits – from £25.00 (plus VAT) per visit
Power of Attorney
For Finance and Property or for Health and Welfare our Legal Fees start at £225.00 (plus VAT) plus £82.00 per Power of Attorney for the Registration Fee payable to the Office of the Public Guardian
We offer many other services such as Litigation; Deeds of Trust; Transfers of Equity; Landlord and Tenant; and Family Matters including Divorce and Contact. Our fees for these vary dependent upon circumstances.
For guidance, our hourly rate is between £185 and £225 (plus VAT).
Regardless of what work we undertake for you, you will receive an efficient service by a named case handler and we look forward to discussing your needs with you.
Kim Spencer on 01706 854167 or email email@example.com
Pricing Structure | Rossendale Law Solicitors Rossendale UK